Tamarindo Beach & San José City
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
Enjoy the vibrant Tamarindo Beach; the most developed beach on the vibrant Nicoya Peninsula and one of Costa Rica’s best-known surf spots. Tamarindo beach is also a wonderland of adventure and has the serenity of a tropical getaway. This is a destination for anyone that is travelling through Costa Rica, from newlyweds to families.
Tamarindo Beach: Great swimming, surf, fishing, and water sports during the day, buzzing nightlife come sunset! The area and surrounding beaches offer a variety of activities for those who want to spend their time in the sand and the sun. Just north of Tamarindo Beach, Grande Beach is a quieter beach known for the Leatherback Sea Turtles that come to lay their eggs. Between November and April, the largest of all living sea turtles dig meter-deep pits and bury their eggs before returning to the sea. These giants can be observed at night as they visit the beach. Langosta Beach, just south of Tamarindo, is known for its white sand, relaxed atmosphere and the absence of development. This beach can feel totally secluded at times, with beautiful sunsets and fascinating tidal pools, a popular beach for families!
San José City: San José is a contrasted city with exhilarating expressions of history, traditions, art and architecture. You can discover the Costa Rican culture heritage and traditions, walking its streets and feel the rush of this bustle but interesting city.
- 3 nights´ accommodation
- 3 Breakfast on day 2, 3, 4
- Transfer from Tamarindo to San Jose on shared basis
- Transfer to San Jose International Airport
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Arrival transfer to Tamarindo
- Domestic or international flights
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals or items not stated explicitly in the program
- Any alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water, camera/video camera fee (if any)
- Any visit not mentioned in the program
- Tour Guide
- Optional tours and activities
- Travel Insurance or any loss or extra cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays, accidents, etc
- Hotel early check-in, late check-out, connecting or adjoining rooms are subject to availability and are not guaranteed
- Transfer to Tamarindo is not included, you will be advised of the hotel address in advance to reach Tamarindo on your own arrangement
- No refund for unused services. Splitting of package is not allowed
- On day 1, you will arrive by your own to Tamarindo Hotel; check-in aprox 3pm.
- On day 3, shared transfer at the agreed time will pick you up at the lobby of the hotel in Tamarindo to transfer you to San José City. Drop-off in Hotel in San José.
- On day 4, pick up at the lobby of your hotel in San José and departure to Juan Santamaria International Airport.
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Sun protection, sunglasses, tennis shoes, sandals, a hat or cap and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1-2 Tamarindo
- Category Standard = Hotel Pasatiempo or similar 3*
- Category Superior = Wyndham Tamarindo or similar 4*
- Category Deluxe = Tamarindo Diria or similar 5*
Day 3 San Jose
- Category Standard = Holiday Inn Express Forum or similar 3*
- Category Superior = Holiday Inn Escazú or similar 4*
- Category Deluxe = THotel Real Intercontinental or similar 5*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVE TAMARINDO
Arrive to Tamarindo Beach, in the North Pacific Coast of Guanacaste Province. Spend free time under the sun, playing with the waves or having some shopping time at the main boulevard of the town with great stores restaurants that offer you a wide variety of gastronomic delights.
Overnight in hotel in Tamarindo.
Day 2 : TAMARINDO
Enjoy a full day at leisure to discover Tamarindo and surrounding beaches on your own; take an optional excursion available on the spot.
Overnight in hotel in Tamarindo. Breakfast included
Day 3 : TAMARINDO – SAN JOSÉ (250km – 4.5hrs)
After the breakfast, you will be picked-up at your hotel in Tamarindo to be transferred back to the capital city of San José for your last night-stay in little but charming Costa Rica. Enjoy free time to relax and explore the hotel surrounding on your own.
Overnight in hotel in San José. Breakfast included.
Day 4 : DEPARTURE SAN JOSE (20km – 30 min)
At the agreed time, Pick-up at your hotel in San José to transfer you to Juan Santamaria International Airport to take your flight back home.