Open Voucher, Self-drive
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
The Open Voucher Program is the best way to discover the natural beauties of Costa Rica at your own pace. The program consists of a rental car and a set of coupons/vouchers that provide lodging nights, allowing you to choose from a list of more than 80 hotels around the country. You can personalize your own itinerary based on what you want to see and where you want to go. Once in Costa Rica, use the included SIM card to call the preferred hotel and book your room!
Costa Rica is a land of nature, charm and, of course, ‘Pura Vida’. Take advantage of this program to travel on your own, discovering unknown corners and exploring all the beauty this country has to offer. From mountains and volcanoes to colourful towns and beaches that overlook the Caribbean and Pacific, Costa Rica offers a multitude of activities and many perfect places to completely relax. And with your rental car, you will have all the freedom to choose.
- Meet and greet at the airport by one of our representatives
- Private transfer from Juan Santamaría Airport to the first hotel in San José
- First night’s accommodation booked by Destination Services with breakfast included
- Six nights’ accommodation through the Open Voucher program with breakfast included
- Phone SIM card with $15.00 balance to call the hotels
- Tour guides do not accompany guests during transport
- Car rental for six days
- GPS included
- Unlimited mileage
- Applicable Local taxes (VAT)
- Insurance with No excess
- Loss Damage Waiver (LDW)
- Supplemental Liability Coverage (SLC)
- Emergency contact service
- Replacement car in case of accident
- Full-Full petrol rate
- One additional driver
- Coverage up to 70.000 USD per person or 175.000 USD per accident
- Personal expenses
- Departure tax from the airport
NOT INCLUDED IN CAR HIRE:
- Damage to a third party or to the hire vehicle due to negligence or inappropriate driving
- Loss or damage to aerials, jack, safety triangles and vests, windscreen, wipers, petrol cap, luggage covers, or any other fixed or mobile component of the vehicle
- Damage to the engine through negligence
- Theft of the vehicle with keys left in the ignition
- Damage caused to the vehicle or to persons through driving under the Influence of alcohol or drugs
- Fines due to breaking traffic laws and regulations during the hire period are the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle. In the event of fine being received there will be an administration charge
- Any extra equipment (GPS, baby seat, etc)
- Petrol deposit 100 USD; refunded when returning full
- The minimum age to rent a vehicle or be a driver is 21 years
- All drivers must have a valid driver’s license
- The person who signs the contract must have an international credit card, Visa or Master Card, AMEX
- Pick-up service at the San José Airport is 24 hours
- Pick-up service at the Liberia Airport are from Monday to Sunday, 05:00 to 21:00 hrs. Pick-up outsideof these times are subject to a surcharge.
- Pick-up hours at other locations are from Monday to Sunday, 08:00 to 17:00 hrs
- All pick-up times at other locations will be set according to the office hours.
- Accident/theft reporting must be notified within 24 hours of incident
- If the customer returns the vehicle earlier than the agreed upon drop-off date stated in the rental contract, the rental company will not refund the customer for any unused days.
- Deposit by credit card: Visa or Master Card only
- We reserve the right to include more hotels or exclude hotels based on our quarterly inspections with the aim of guaranteeing our clients a quality standard according to their expectations
- On the arrival day, the first hotel night and the car are booked in advance by Destination Services, under the name of the passenger. In the arrival transfer, the client will receive the coupons/vouchers corresponding to the amount of nights purchased and the updated list of the hotels participating in the Program. The rest of the nights must be booked directly by the client by calling the hotels, subject to availability
- Children’s policies vary according to the hotels; please verify current rate with selected hotel and pay at destination.
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in Costa Rica. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat, and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
CAR HIRE OPTIONS
- Car Group A = Vehicle Suzuki Jimny manual or similar
- Car Group B = Vehicle Daihatsu Bego manual or similar
- Car Group C = Vehicle Toyota Fortuner Automatic or similar
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL SAN JOSE
Arrive at Juan Santamaria International Airport and meet with our representative who will direct you to your transport. Enjoy a comfortable transfer to your hotel in San Jose for your first night in Costa Rica. Arrival transfer will be offered at any time for your convenience.
Overnight in San Jose.
- Hotel Balmoral 4* // www.balmoral.co.cr
- Barceló San José Palacio 5* // www.barcelo.com/es/hoteles/costa-rica/san-jose-de-costa-rica/barcelo-san-jose/
- Best Western Irazu 4* // www.bestwesterncostarica.com
- Casa Conde Hotel & Suites 4* // www.casacondecity.com
- Palma Real Hotel & Casino 4* // www.hotelpalmareal.com
- Park Inn 5* // www.parkinn.com/sanjose
- Sleep Inn San José 4* // www.sleepinnsanjose.com
- Villa Tournon 4* // www.hotelvillatournon.com
- Wyndham Garden San José 4* // www.wyndhamhotels.com
- Wyndham Herradura 5* // www.wyndhamherradura.com
Day 2 : EXPLORE COSTA RICA: CENTRAL VALLEY
Pick up your rental car in San Jose and enjoy the next seven days to explore Costa Rica as you wish. You can begin your adventure in the offbeat, filled with coffee plantations hills of the breathtaking Central Valley. Drive through picturesque towns and villages, get closer to its interesting culture, learn about its past, and taste your way around this beautiful region, known for the rich coffee, but also for tasty corn cakes, artisanal cheeses and delicious river trout.
See below destinations and hotel options in the beautiful Central Valley region.
- Country Inn & Suites 4* // www.countryinns.co.cr
- Barons Resort Boutique // www.baronsresort.com
- Rio Perlas Resort & Spa 4* // www.rio-perlas.com
- Casa Turire 4* // www.hotelcasaturire.com
- Guayabo Lodge 4* // www.guayabolodge.co.cr
- Turrialtico Lodge 3* // www.turrialtico.com
- Wagelia Turrialba Lodge // www.hotelwageliaturrialba.com
- Wagelia Espino Blanco Lodge // www.wageliaespinoblancolodge.com
San Gerardo de Dota:
- El Toucanet Lodge 3* // www.toucanetlodge.com
- Savegre Hotel Natural Reserve & Spa 4* // www.savegre.com
- Suria Mountain Hotel 3* // www.hotelsuria.com
- La Quinta de Sarapiqui 3* // www.hotellaquintasarapiqui.com
- Selva Verde Lodge & Reserve // www.selvaverde.com
Day 3 : EXPLORE COSTA RICA: CENTRAL PACIFIC
After a tasty breakfast, head towards your next destination. If you choose to explore the beautiful and accessible Central Pacific region today, prepare yourself to be amazed by its natural beauty. With serene sandy beaches bordered by spectacular cliffs, lush tropical vegetation and renowned national parks filled with protected wildlife, as well as a multitude of exciting outdoor activities, Central Pacific is a real Costa Rican paradise that promises to impress all nature lovers.
See below destinations and hotel options in the verdant Central Pacific region.
(Puntarenas | Jacó | Hermosa Beach | Quepos / Manuel Antonio | Punta Leona)
- Puerto Azul Boutique Resort & Marina 3* / / www.puertoazulboutiqueresort.com
- Fuego del Sol Resort & Hotel 3* // www.fuegodelsolhotel.com
- Terraza del Pacifico 3* // www.terrazadelpacifico.com
- Hotel Tramonto 3* // www.hoteltramonto.com
- Best Western Kamuk Hotel & Casino 4* // www.kamuk.co.cr
- El Faro Beach Hotel N/A // www.elfarobeachhotel.com
- La Mandarina 3* // www.hotelmandarina.com
- Las Tres Banderas 3* //https://www.tresbanderashotel.com/
- Tabulia Tree Hotel & Villas 3* // www.tabuliatree.com
- Hotel Punta Leona 3*// www.hotelpuntaleona.com
- Cala Lodge 3* // www.calalodge.com
- Hotel Cipreses 3* // www.monteverdehotelcipreses.com
- Hotel Claro de Luna 2* // www.clarodelunahotel.com
- Hotel Cloud Forest Lodge 3* // www.cloudforestlodge.com
- El Bosque Lodge // www.hotelelbosquecr.com
- El Establo Mountain Hotel 4* // www.elestablo.com
- Hotel Heliconia 3* // www.hotelheliconia.com
- Mar Inn B&B // www.monteverdemarinn.com
- Hotel Miramontes 3* // www.hotelmiramontes.com
- Monteverde Country Lodge 3* // www.monteverdecountrylodge.com
- Trapp Family Lodge 3* // www.trapphotelmonteverde.com
Day 4 : EXPLORE COSTA RICA: NORTHERN ZONE
Enjoy a delicious breakfast before continuing your journey. Today, we recommend you to adventure into discovering the fascinating Northern Zone of Costa Rica. Whether you dream about exploring volcanoes, discovering stunning cloud forests, and soaking in geothermal springs, this region will turn all these desires into reality. Prepare yourself for a memorable encounter with nature and the opportunities to engage in thrilling outdoor activities like hiking the Arenal Volcano, canopy in the cloud forest, whitewater rafting and many more surprises.
See below destinations and hotel options in the lovely Northern Zone.
Arenal – La Fortuna:
- Hotel Arenal Country Inn 3*// www.arenalcountryinn.com
- Arenal Montechiari 3* // www.hotelarenalmontechiari.com
- Arenal Lodge Lodge // www.arenallodge.com
- Arenal Paraiso 3* // www.arenalparaiso.com
- Arenal Springs & Resort 4* // www.hotelarenalsprings.com
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa 3* // www.casalunahotel.com
- Caño Negro Lodge 3* // www.canonegrolodge.com
- Eco Arenal 3* // www.ecoarenal.com
- Faro Arenal Lodge // www.hotelfaroarenal.com
- Hotel Las Flores 2* // www.lasfloreshotel.com
- Hotel Lavas Tacotal 3* // www.tacotal.com
- San Bosco Inn 3* // www.hotelsanbosco.com
- Tilajari Hotel & Resort 4* // www.tilajari.com
- Montaña de Fuego Resort & Spa 3* // www.montanadefuego.com
- Maquenque Eco Lodge Lodge // www.maquenqueecolodge.com
- La Tigra Rainforest Lodge Lodge / www.latigralodge.com
Rincón de la Vieja:
- Buena Vista Lodge & Adventure 3* // www.buenavistalodgecr.com
- Hacienda Guachipelín 3* // www.guachipelin.com
- Cañón de la Vieja Lodge 3* // www.thecanyonlodge.com
Day 5 : EXPLORE COSTA RICA: NORTH PACIFIC
Begin your day with a rich breakfast at your hotel. Then, head towards a new, exciting Costa Rican paradise. Perhaps continue your journey exploring the relaxed North Pacific Coast. Get ready to unwind on the warm sand and swim in clear waters, discover the abundant marine life while diving around the stunning Coco and Ocotal beaches, get closer to culture while wandering around the little fishing villages in Tamarindo, and much more. The sunny North Pacific region is waiting for you with a multitude of inspiring places and interesting things to do.
See below destinations and hotel options in the North Pacific region.
(Tamarindo | Samara | Carrillo Beach | Ocotal Beach | Coco Beach| Nicoya Peninsula)
- Esplendor Tamarindo 3* // www.esplendorhoteles.com/es/hoteles/costa-rica
- Seis Playas 4* // www.seisplayashotel.com
- Hotel Giada 3* // www.hotelgiada.net
- Sol Samara 3* // www.solsamarahotel.com
- Hotel Guanamar 3* // www.hotelguanamar.com
- Hotel Leyenda 4* // www.hotelleyenda.com
- Nammbú Beachfront Bungalows 4* // www.nammbu.com
- Hotel Villa Casa Blanca 3* // www.villacasablancahotel.com
- Coco Beach Hotel 3*// www.cocobeachcr.com
- Hotel Santa Teresa N/A // www.hotelsantateresa.cr
Day 6 : EXPLORE COSTA RICA: SOUTH PACIFIC
Enjoy an early breakfast at the hotel and get ready for a new adventure in surprising Costa Rica. Perhaps travel to the beautiful, laid-back South Pacific region. Get closer to the locals and their typical “Campesino” lifestyle, learn how to surf in charming Dominical, relax on the pristine beaches around Ojochal, and adventure yourself into the dense rainforest to admire its natural beauty and enjoy fantastic wildlife-viewing opportunities.
See below destinations and hotel options in the relaxed South Pacific region.
(Dominical | Ojochal)
- Cuna del Ángel 4* // www.cunadelangel.com
- Hotel Villas Rio Mar 3* // www.villasriomar.com
- Hotel Villas Gaia 3* // www.villasgaia.com
Day 7 : EXPLORE COSTA RICA: SOUTH CARIBBEAN
Have breakfast at the hotel and continue discovering Costa Rica. Today you can let the fascinating Southern Caribbean area amaze your eyes. With warm, golden sand beaches, crystal-clear waters and swaying palm trees, abundant wildlife and thick vegetation, rich culture, an easygoing lifestyle and mouthwatering Caribbean food, this region promises to offer the dream vacation of every traveller. Get to know this mesmerising region while relaxing on the serene beaches, exploring the inspiring Gandoca Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge and Cahuita National Park, and getting closer to the local culture and spectacular cuisine.
See below destinations and hotel options in the lovely North Zone.
(Cahuita | Manzanillo | Puerto Viejo)
- Atlántida Lodge 2* // www.atlantidalodgecahuita.com
- Ciudad Perdida Ecolodge Lodge // www.ciudadperdidaecolodge.com
- Hotel Suizo Loco Lodge 3* // www.suizolocolodge.com
- Namuwoki 3* // www.namuwoki.com
- Azania Bungalows Bungalows // www.azania-costarica.com
- Villas del Caribe 3* // www.villasdelcaribe.com
Day 8 : DEPART SAN JOSE
Begin your last day in charming Costa Rica with a tasty breakfast at the hotel. Then, head towards San Jose to return the car and continue with your individual travelling arrangements.