Beaches and Nature with Tambor
* This product requests separate payment. Promotion code or coupon from Ticket Here is not applicable.
This comprehensive 15-day tour takes you to some of the most exotic and picturesque areas of the stunning country of Costa Rica. Relax on the sunny shores of Tambor as well as throughout the tour and enjoy the freedom to choose optional excursions in the different destinations. From soft sandy beaches to fascinating cloud forests and vibrant volcanoes, this memorable tour will allow you to discover the real Costa Rica while experiencing its incredible wildlife and interesting culture.
Tamarindo: This busy beach resort is great for a night out, surfing, and exploring the eclectic dining scene.
Samara: A relaxed beach town great for soaking up the sun and enjoying the breezy atmosphere.
Tambor Beach: Framed by a charming horseshoe-shaped bay, this secluded beach boasts beautiful, volcanic sands and an abundance of tranquillity.
San Jose: Costa Rica’s vibrant capital city was founded in the mid-18th century, boasting great cultural and historical landmarks. Visit its museums, the European-inspired National Theatre, and stroll the charming alleys of its historic neighbourhoods.
Tortuguero: This park is home to the nesting grounds of the green sea turtles, offering spectacular beaches and fantastic opportunities to spot wild animals and birds.
Sarapiqui: Neighbouring the Braulio Carrillo National Park, a great area for animal spotting, this magnificent region is known for its kayaking and white-water rafting.
Arenal: Admire one of the most beautiful volcanoes in the country and its mesmerising park, dotted with trails and rich in wildlife.
Monteverde: Settled by American Quakers in the 1950s, this primary cloud forest is made up of six unique ‘life zones’ and is home to many endangered species and an enormous variety of plant life.
- Operated with Bilingual Spanish and English-speaking licensed local guides on a shared basis. Please note you will be accompanied by local guides for the activities only. There is no guarantee that you will be part of a group, or part of the same group during the tour.
- 14 nights’ accommodation
- 14 breakfasts,
- 3 lunches on days 7, 8, 9
- 2 dinners on days 7, 8
- Air-conditioned transportation as indicated in the itinerary on a shared basis
- Private return transfer to the airport
- Tour guides do not accompany guests during transport
ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES:
- All monuments and visits as indicated: Ocean safari (boat trip and snorkelling), Guided hike in Tortuguero Village, Guided boat tour through the canals of Tortuguero, Safari float on Sarapiqui River, Hiking Arenal Volcano National Park, Visit to Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve
- Meet and greet on Day 1
- Hotel taxes
- Expenditures of a personal nature, drinks and meals if not stated explicitly in the programme
- Airport taxes
- Airport porterage
- Optional tours
- International and domestic flight tickets or visa fees and local taxes
- Gratuities for drivers and guides
- Tortuguero National Park entrance fee
- No refund for unused services. Splitting of package is not allowed
- Local conditions prevalent at the time of travel may result in modifications to tour contents without prior notice
- Recommended arrival time to: before 14:00 hrs.
- Recommended departure flight: after 15:00 hrs.
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable and light clothing is the most suitable for travelling in Costa Rica. Visitors should not wear sleeveless shirts, shorts, short skirts or skimpy clothing when visiting temples, religious or official buildings. Sun protection, sunglasses, a hat and mosquito repellent can be very useful during your stay.
Day 1 Tamarindo
- Category Standard = Pasatiempo or similar 3*
- Category Superior = Wyndham Tamarindo or similar 4*
- Category Deluxe = Tamarindo Diriá or similar 5*
Day 2-3 Samara
- Category Standard = Samara Inn or similar 3*
- Category Superior = Sol Samara or similar 4*
- Category Deluxe = Nammbú or similar 5*
Day 4-5 Tambor
- Category Standard = Tango Mar or similar 5*
- Category Superior = Tango Mar or similar 5*
- Category Deluxe = Tango Mar or similar 5*
Day 6 San Jose
- Category Standard = Holiday Inn Express Forum or similar 3*
- Category Superior = Holiday Inn Escazu or similar 4*
- Category Deluxe = Real Intercontinental or similar 5*
Day 7-8 Tortuguero
- Category Standard = Pachira Lodge or similar Lodge Standard
- Category Superior = Evergreen Lodge or similar Lodge Standard
- Category Deluxe= Aninga Lodge or similar Lodge Standard
Day 9-10 Sarapiquí
- Category Standard = El Bambú or similar 3*
- Category Superior = La Quinta Sarapiquí or similar (Lodge Standard)
- Category Deluxe = Sarapiquis Rainforest Lodge or similar (Lodge Standard)
Day 11-12 Arenal
- Category Standard = Arenal Montechiari or similar 3*
- Category Superior = Arenal Springs or similar 4*
- Category Deluxe = Arenal Kioro or similar 5*
Day 13-14 Monteverde
- Category Standard =Monteverde Country Lodge or similar 3*
- Category Superior = Poco a Poco or similar 4*
- Category Deluxe = El Establo or similar 5*
- Once ordered, this tour cannot be cancelled or refund or amended at any circumstances.